Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Influences of Family, Culture, and Society in Early Childhood (EDUC - 8853 ) 
 
Dear Colleagues:


Welcome to Opening Doors! My name is Salvador Perez. I am married, have 4 kids (3 girls & 1 boy). I’ve been serving children at the Chicago Public Schools for the past 17 years. I’ve taught most grades with the exception of 4th. The last 3 school years, I taught 6th and 8th grade. This year I am back in my dreamed grade: Pre-Kindergarten. I prefer serving young scholars because I have experienced that the educational impact is greater in the early years than on other years of elementary schooling.
I consider that to be a professional in the early childhood field means to be devoted to your practice and service to the children entrusted to your care. It means to practice your profession with respect, integrity, passion, desire of service and with the ultimate goal of assisting these children to achieve their maximum potential respecting and acknowledging their differences in learning style, capacity and developmental level.
By pursuing a Doctoral degree program at Walden University I hope to obtain the knowledge and skills necessary to develop a much more efficient Early Childhood Educational program for the Hispanic community in my district in an attempt to alleviate the tremendous educational gap of these children. It is a pleasure to share this portion of our educational journey with you and I hope to be of service someday. Thanks for visiting! Please, leave a comment!

1 comment:

  1. Salvador,
    Your blog is beautiful! I have enjoyed reading your profile and learning more about you. I am grateful that I have the opportunity to learn more from you through our work together at Walden!
    <3 Melissa

    ReplyDelete